Thursday, July 7, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.) Yesterday in yoga I looked at my form in the mirror while in reverse triangle pose and saw some serious arm muscles. It made me smile. Yoga hasn't, however, been helping me with clenching my jaw in my sleep again. No idea why this time (last time was because of the AICP). It hurts a good bit.

2.) I've decided I am a Droid girl. After losing my Droid2 and replacing it with the iphone, last night I went back and did an exchange for the DroidX2. I am incredibly happy with my decision. Having a piece of equipment on me that expensive, especially with my propensity to lose phones, just made me really uncomfortable.

3.) I think I have decided that triathlons may be the sport for me. I'm not crazy enough to try to ride for 100 miles (esp because in Denver, most of those miles are up and over mountain passes. I don't care for uphill) and running is just getting really repetitive day in and day out. I have exercise ADD.

I get bored doing too much of one thing. Surprisingly, I'm actually enjoying my half marathon training. While 8 miles was intimidating to me, I rocked those miles and now I'm already planning where I can plan my routes for the 9 and 10 miles runs before the actual race. But I miss doing other activities. I've been cross training on W and Sat, usually boxing or riding, but most Tues/Thurs I don't drag my butt out of bed early and therefore must run after work instead of doing something else. Morgan and I were lamenting this weekend that it feels like there just isn't enough time in a week for all the stuff we want to do.

So that's why I was really excited to get into the pool last night - my first swim in nearly a year. It went really well. I did my standard 1500 yard workout, with 500 yards of sprinting. My lungs definitely aren't where they were, but they aren't bad. The awesome exhaustion in my chest and arms afterwards brought back memories of high school practice - I felt like I would have chicken nuggets w/ honey and pasta waiting for me on the kitchen table when I got home. Sadly, I didn't find any.

1 comment: