Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Facts

1.) I love football. A lot. I haven't been able to watch a game yet this year and I'm positively giddy about Sunday.

2.) I play in two fantasy football leagues and had to miss both drafts. My autodrafts went amazingly well, but both teams are 1-1. One loss was by 0.9 pts and one win was by over 100 pts.

3.) I can't fully relax if I know I have to be somewhere at a certain time later that day. In my mind I'm always counting down to when I have to get ready or leave.

4.) My boss is going on maternity leave and I have picked up several projects from her while she is away/can't travel. As a result, I'm traveling 5 times before Thanksgiving with the possibility of a 6th trip, to Miami for my Everglades project.

5.) I am less than 6,000 miles away from becoming an elite flyer with United.

6.) This morning I walked to work just because I missed walking so much each day. In Europe we averaged 6-10 miles each day.

7.) I can't stand Ben Stiller and hate watching movies with him in it.

8.) I miss Sundays at Bailey's in Arlington with my two Raven's Laurens and our token Steeler's fan Beth. :) Nothing made me happier than to get there at noon to get a seat, watch the 1pm and 4:15 games and go home to watch the night game. During Snowpacolypse, Lauren and I trudged there in the snow and had a wonderful day. Walking home with Chipotle and a six pack, Lauren fell squarely on her butt and sat in the snow laughing. Its one of my favorite Sunday memories.

9.) I still have yet to buy groceries since I've been back.

10.) I'm contemplating buying an ipad.

11.) I don't play favorites, but Fall is up there as my favorite time of year. I love any weather in which I can wear both flip flops and a hoodie.

12.) I don't turn the heat on in my apartment until my fingertips turn blue while sitting on my couch. Lauren and I used to see how long we could make it, usually until early December. I play a game with myself each month to see how low I can get my utility bill to be.

13.) Instead of turning on the heat, I wear my enormous North Face fleece pants which I have nicknamed "My man pants"

14.) I loved all the places we went to in Europe, but I think I liked Munich and Edinburgh the best because they are smaller. I have realized I like urban living, but in smaller cities like Denver and DC. Living in New York would make me miserable.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. while you were on vacation, i missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you nailed it with #11. I love wearing flip flops & a hoodie. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete