Monday, December 20, 2010

Sick

I am sick. Again. After losing my voice Thursday night, I finally got it back Sunday only to lose it again screaming my head off during the 4th quarter of the Eagles game (completely worth it!).

I seem to be getting sick more often in Denver. I'm not sure if it is the dry climate (snuggling with my humidifier seems to help) or if I have just been busy and wearing myself down, but I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that my eating habits aren't helping matters and that, whether I like it or not, I may actually have to start eating vegetables.

I am a pizza and beer girl. Everytime I go grocery shopping, which, granted, isn't very often, I enter with the high hopes of buying healthy things and making wonderfully balanced meals. But those meals rarely came to fruition and after one salad, the rest of the lettuce would go bad while the bananas in my fruit basket turned black. So I stopped pretending, accepted my limited cooking ability, and stuck with pasta, chicken, and lean cuisine frozen pizzas. Nary a green food item to be found.

But alas, I think those carefree days are behind me. Even if I do so kicking and screaming, fruits, veggies, and the vitamins and nutrients they provide must now become part of my diet. I do not have full weekends available to lay in bed, taking deep breaths of hydrating air. Vegetables are my fate.

1 comment:

  1. Don't do it! Ha ha, and I'm actually a beer and pizza girl. I don't know about veggies, but I'm definitely upping the fruits.

    ReplyDelete