Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Still sick, still sans veggies

I am officially Typhoid Mary. I am drugged up 24/7, in an effort to keep the hacking cough manageable. I actually miss the gym. And sleeping through the night. I am getting grumpier by the day (I don't do well with little sleep) and I'm sure my family is getting tired of trying to hear the Jeopardy questions over the sound of my death cough. I'm sure my healthy breakfast of TastyKakes certainly is helping matters.

I'm ready for 2011. I'm excited for my NYE plans and will head to Baltimore tomorrow to begin my venture down along the east coast. The last few years I have worked hard to not have any big "I wish I could do that" wishes. Instead, I do them! The biggest, of course, being my move to Denver but I have also finished a triathlon and spent money a bit more freely. For 2011, I've wanted to travel more and I'm well on my way. I've got a long ski weekend booked for MLK weekend up in Winter Park quickly followed by a longer weekend adventure in New Orleans with Lauren. Somehow, Lauren and I have managed to see each other at least once a month since we both moved from Arlington! We will continue that feat into February.

In July, I'll combine travel with an exercise goal of the year - attempting to complete my first half marathon in San Francisco, where I can also visit my cousin Jess. But the big trip of 2011 will be the London/Scotland/Paris/Germany adventure in September - my first trip to Europe!

I'm still pulling together Katie-esque goals for 2011 (I'm not nearly as organized as she is, so by the time I decide on monthly goals, the month is already over), but this will be my first year without a single semester of classes since I was 4. I'm looking forward to filling my time!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Organized! You kid.

    I'm excited to see you for NYE, and hope that you will have made a miraculous recovery by then!

    Also, I'm, erm, in for the half. If you still want me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel Better Soon!!!!!! Just got back to logging on MFD and the CWAC is killing me. Need some more company in there to keep me honest! ;-)

    ReplyDelete