Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Facts - Christmas Edition

1.) Christmas is my favorite holiday.

2.) I LOVE finding the perfect gift for someone. It gets me into trouble because even if something costs too much, I'll probably buy it anyhow.

3.) When I find a good gift, I get really excited to give it to that person. I love watching them open in.

4.) I decorate my entire apartment on/right after Thanksgiving. This was a rule enacted by my previous roommate to contain my christmas crazy.

5.) I try to see A Christmas Carol every year. Last year I missed it, but this year I went to my favorite production of it: at Ford's Theater.

6.) I look forward to the Christmas Eve Party at the McClure's all year long.

7.) I'm a huge nerd: On Christmas Eve, I love to set out the "good" plates for Christmas breakfast.

8.) I like buying matching wrapping paper and I liked when all the gifts are under the tree, but I hate the act of actually wrapping everything.

9.) This year I went a little overboard.

10.) We eat the same thing for breakfast every year. We make mom eat trans fats against her will.

11.) We open our gifts one by one and Al and Dad take lots of pictures. I'm pretty sure I was impatient (who me??) and hated this as a kid, but now I love it.

12.) Every year I buy a new pair of christmas jammies. I brought three pairs home this year. I don't find this excessive.

13.) I've only seen Its a Wonderful Life once.

14.) I used to wake my parents up, now my parents have to shake Al and I out of bed.

15.) It doesn't bother me when stores break out christmas decorations in October (they don't have to follow Lauren's rules)

16.) We used to buy a live tree from the Alloway's and then drag it across the yard. Then Dad would wrap colored twinkle lights up along the stem, with big red bulb lights strung along the outside. I never realized how crazy time intensive that must have been. Now we have a pre-lit fake tree, which suits us just find (but could use some red bulbs!)

17.) Every year, my grandmom (Tutu) would get Allison and I matching christmas ornaments. I love them and am secretly plotting to find mine and take them back with me.

18.) I'm ready to just be home already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment