Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Breck, Beer, and REI

These are a few of my favorite things.

This weekend I got to check out Breckenridge for the first time, driving up Saturday morning to attend the Breckenridge Beer Fest. It was MUCH smaller than the Great American Beer Fest held in Denver, but also a heck of a lot of fun.


Please note my future husband in the background, wearing the blue striped hoodie. Megan noted "he looks like a provider".

My favorite part about the beer fest, other than FINALLY procuring an Oskar Blues tasting holder (a open top beer can on mardi gras beads - I got "mama's lil yella" instead of Dale's Pale Ale) - my favorite part was the brewery who's sticker just had 'SBC' in big letters, an endearing nickname only my family would understand. Alliy - who ever would have thought that a trip to Weis for temporary tattoos would be so everlasting.

Sunday morning, we headed back towards Denver, dropping my season-long ski rentals back off at their home in Idaho Springs. After picking up the Echo, I drove to REI to use my 20% coupon and member dividends on a new sleeping bag, fuel belt, shoes, and tee shirt. It was a good day.

1 comment: