Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Not Charlie.Sheen.Winning.

While just a few weeks ago I spouted about how I was winning at life, I am now flailing. I had been feeling like being a bit reckless and I succeeded. Granted, my reckless is still other people's cautious, but all the same, I now feel the need to get my life back in order.

This is a cycle I go through every few months or so. I feel too in control, too rigid and want to let my hair down and just go nuts under the guise of "I'm young! With no responsibilities or kids! If not now, when?!" And then eventually my liver and my credit card tire and my apartment begins to look as though I'm auditioning to be on Hoarders and I revert back to schedules and simplicity.

Today is that day. While overall my apartment isn't bad, it has about two weeks worth of beer cans and wine bottles sitting in my kitchen (which weren't a solo venture but a group effort). Making dorky NEPA assessments to the state of my kitchen, my officemate and I joked that the cumulative effect was moderate to major adverse, with no beneficial impacts. If you understand that joke, seek help - you're as nerdy as I am.

But since this spiral has been a bit longer and a bit bigger than previous ones, I've created a list of things to do to get my life back in working order. Some are smaller than others (go to target vs. clean out closet/give to goodwill or go to gym vs. stop eating crap), but I'm determined to return to being a functional adult by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment