Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The time has come to 'officially' start training for my half marathon. My cousin Jess, who lives in SF and will also be running the half, has scouted out of the course and gave a report of which miles will be the hardest. After a few easy flat miles, there's a long incline to the bridge. After my month of laziness, I'm eager to get back to running. Actually, I'm eager to get back to any kind of exercise.

This weekend I managed to control my eating and drinking - sticking mostly to water Friday night and only a bit of wine Saturday and Sunday. I need to be more diligent, but its a start in the right direction. My goal for the weekend was NOT to buy any food (I'm looking at you, Chipotle) and I succeeded! I didn't eat super well by any means, but I always figure that homemade has to be at least a little better than mac and cheese from Noodles & Co.

I've got a busy weekend ahead, so I'm hoping to keep up my good weekend eating behavior. I'm adding the additional goal this weekend to work out both days (contemplating lifting on Saturday and then long run on Sunday - which is back down to 4 miles). I'm trying not to make the rookie mistake of trying to be 'perfect' all at once with eating, drinking, and working out (then giving up when that fails) and instead make small adjustments that will stick over time. My 'fat' pants are starting to get tight and, as Alliy once told me "Its hard to be optimistic when even your fat pants don't fit"

1 comment: