Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Technology, meh.

Last Thursday, after I came into work at 6am for a conference call with the East Coast, my computer promptly got a virus and went haywire. After trying to talk with IT, I gave up and sent my computer to Kansas City where it remained until today.

I'm not good with technology. or change for that matter. How I managed to move across the country with no friends, I'll never know. I fought to keep my Microsoft programs in 2007 instead of 2010 - I've seen people with 2010 and I've just now figured out where everything is in 2007 so I knew I wouldn't have the patience to deal with relearning.

I forgot, however, to specify which version of windows I wanted, so now I'm relearning all over again anyhow. I'm now in Windows Vista (shakes fist at Bill Gates) and I dont understand why they have to change so much with each new version. Don't they realize that, aside from the tech-savvy people, it only angers the general public? Nothing ever just works as it should, although a touch of that might be user error rather than the computer, and has forced my coworkers to listen to me complain all morning long. My email alone has been loading for 45 minutes and I've tried in vain to find the "desktop" icon that closes all windows. It appears as though that option, my favorite, has been removed in this version.

But it did, however, somehow remember my log in information for blogspot. I was nervous about this, as I had no idea what my web address or log in info was. While a bit disconcerting for anyone using this laptop after me, it was nice to be able to come update my blog, ranting about technology whilst my email slowly loads.

1 comment: