Monday, November 21, 2011

Can I be done with work yet?

I like playing host. Not too many people come over to my apartment, so its always nice to have more than just me there.

My parents arrive tomorrow and will be staying with me for a night before we pick up Al and head up into Breck for a long weekend. This weekend was spent mostly prepping for their arrival and for Thanksgiving in general. While I vacuum fairly regularly, I learned this weekend that I apparently have a habit of dusting my living room far more often than I dust my bedroom. I also picked up (ok, hid) those little pesky piles that seem to crop up out of nowhere. One went under the bed while another found its way into my junk drawer. Its not so much cleaning as it is rearranging. But my apartment has never been cleaner.

In an effort to be an adult, I also had a delightful time spending money at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (a nice little Saturday). I bought another set of matching towels so that my parents won't have to use the old sets I had from freshman year in college - one of which is yellow with stains of green from when I accidentally washed it with my Eagles beach towel. And I finally bought a pie server (always forgotten until needed) and a pie crust cover (to use in place of darn tin foil) as splurges. Is this adulthood? Getting excited over improved domesticity?

Anyhow, I'm excited to get out of work today, buy some firewood for the fireplace (and pray its cold enough to burn while they're in town), do a final load of laundry and then wait impatiently for their arrival.

1 comment:

  1. no need to clean or dust when I come to town... I just want to have a lot of fun, you ok with that?

    ReplyDelete