Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bring it on, December

When I came back from SF before Thanksgiving, I had no more work travel slated until sometime in the new year. The prospect of getting back into a routine and actually seeing the inside of a gym was exciting to me. Not to mention all the quality time I'd get to spend with my bed.

But then last week I got put back in the line up for travel to Alaska for public meetings. Fairbanks, to be exact. In mid-December. Regardless of the fact that they have been in a record cold snap, with air temperatures around -36 degrees, I'm pretty excited. As long as I have enough layers, I don't mind the cold. And I'll fly in on a Sunday, since it takes so long to get there, and a coworker and I are looking at doing a Northern Lights tour.

After that, I land for about 24 hours before I'm back at the airport to go to DC. Due to cheaper flights home, I will be working from our DC office for a week before taking the train up to Philly. After another week in Philly, I'll be back in Denver for the foreseeable future.

So I've set up all my Christmas decorations and am enjoying them thoroughly for the next two weeks. Even my desk is all decked out, as usual, with my 8 inch Christmas tree. Between all the travel, I'm managing to sneak in a weekend of skiing in Steamboat, A Christmas Carol at Ford's Theatre, a night of lights at the Denver Botanic Gardens, and even a few of the new movies coming out (next up: The Descendants). Bring it on, December.

No comments:

Post a Comment