Friday, November 4, 2011

Two back to back posts on consecutive days? What is this madness!

For the second week in a row, I went spinning during lunch and managed three spinning classes overall this week. BAM. Hey there, gym, I'm back! More importantly, however, is that I finally put on my big girl pants (more accurately, my new bike shorts) and tried the clip shoes my coworker gave me a few months ago that have been taunting me from the depths of my closet for months.

It took a little getting used to, but I definitely like them. I felt like my calves were working harder, and I had to remind myself to pull up, not just push down on the pedal. They helped me get my rpm's up higher during the speed work, but I constantly had to watch my form and positioning. Different parts of my body have hurt each morning as I wake up, but in that good "i'm getting strong again" way. Since my travel schedule kicks up again next week, I plotted the hotels I'm staying to see if they had gyms and then planned accordingly from now through the 17th.

In non-workout news, I saw the movie Anonymous last night and LOVED it. Its been pretty under the radar but has an amazing British cast (and a few Harry Potter characters, as always) and I thought the story was great. Its based on the old theory that Shakespeare was just a frontman for someone else who was actually doing the writing and they do a great job of pleading their case. I may have enjoyed it more than the regular audience member, though, since I just got to see the Tower, the Globe, and all the different facts about the succession from Queen Elizabeth to James I when I was in Scotland and London. Allison told me a reviewer said it was "hard to follow" so I went into the theater making sure to try my best to remember names and associations, which helped, but overall there weren't that many characters to keep track of. I would definitely recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. It's a fun theory but very few Shakespeare scholars if any believe it. Most schools just refer to it in passing in upper level Shakespeare classes. Besides the alleged secret playwright died before some of the plays were written. An English major - guess who. :)

    ReplyDelete