Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Goodness

My weekends have calmed down substantially, with less weekends away and better food/drink choices. This weekend continued that trend and while nothing I had planned to do actually happened, it was still a great weekend.

On the agenda, I had the Rockies game Friday, Roller Derby Saturday and then the Pirates exhibit on Sunday. The Rockies game was a bust after the $4 Rockpile tickets sold out, but I got to eat wings and watch the NFL Draft, so I was still a happy kid. Then we all went dancing at a local bar til 2 am, which I'm counting as exercise in addition to the 2 miles I ran during lunch.

Saturday my friend Morgan woke me up with a phone call (albeit it was 10:30) and we headed out for brunch and studying/working in the super-cute Highlands section of Denver. Then we watched back to back to back chick flicks on my couch, both recuperating from the evening of dancing (we're old!). Sunday I knocked productivity out of the park - doing all my laundry, running 4 miles, lifting, and then watching a friend bottle his latest batch of home brew.

There were about 9 of us over for the home brew (I think we were more in the way than any kind of actual help), but plans were set for an early morning 30 mile bike ride to the Cherry Creek Reservoir and back. A solid group (the 'non-pansies') went this am, but a larger group, including myself, will go on Wednesday AM when it will be a tad bit warmer. I'm excited, as this route to and from the reservoir was one I kept meaning to do last summer but never really got around to.

I met a lot of great new people this weekend and I am happy they are an active bunch. Even more exciting, they are climbers! Morgan climbs every Thursday at an indoor gym in Boulder, but they also like to do one day overnights to camp and climb outdoors. I'm still accruing all of the random gear I've needed since moving to Denver - its seems like every time I want to do something, I need to acquire the gear for it (although I entertained my coworkers with my snowpants from 10th grade). While its been a bit expensive, my REI dividends have never been so high!

1 comment: