Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cranky Legs

Due to the awesomeness that was Friday night (bowling with my boss's friends), I was a wee bit hungover Saturday and therefore missed my planned 5 mile long run with the running group. I laid around feeling like death until about 10, then headed to my office to work on my final paper.

Sunday AM (also known as hangover: the sequel), I went with my coworkers to the Ronald McDonald House to cook breakfast. Upon my return home, I went out for the planned 5 miles. Within the first mile, I could feel that 5 just wasn't gonna happen. I pushed forward with my 3.1 mile loop, but struggled. My hips were tight and I had a side cramp that wouldn't quit. I did a good amount of run/walking and finished up at around 40 minutes.

Yesterday, I pushed forward on a 1-mile warm up "sprint" (its a sprint for me, however incredibly slow for anyone else in the world) then Ronnie absolutely destroyed me. We only have two more sessions left and I'm going to miss him! If I had the money, I would certainly keep it up! On Saturday while I was drying my hair, I started to see muscle definition in my arms! I'm pretty excited. I'm also pretty sure that no one can see it but me, but that doesn't stop me from trying to show them!!

This morning I went out for the same 3.1 mile loop, and although my legs were cranky for the first mile, I found my stride by the second mile. I finished with a slow time and promptly did some pigeon pose stretches on my floor to loosen my hips. I might need to start looking into a foam roller and a new pair of shoes. Ronnie has mocked the poor shape of my current running shoes (which are two years and at least 200 miles old)

No comments:

Post a Comment