Thursday, November 18, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.) For once, my ability to fight procrastination is paying off. You may remember last April, when I wrote all my final papers in advance, only to have them lost/destroyed by my virus-laden work computer. I rued the day I had written anything in advance. I have been able to work little by little on my final masters paper, though, and it has me in a good position to work on edits tonight and tomorrow, which frees me up for:

2.) ...my epic weekend plans. Friday night I'm going to the 10:15 pm showing of the new Harry Potter - in IMAX! While this showing is a bit past my old lady bedtime, I only have a half day of work courtesy of our pending office move, so I will have some downtime/naptime beforehand. Also on the agenda for friday: a visit to REI and a haircut! It has been since August 2009 when I last cut my hair, so its well overdue.

Saturday plans include brunch in Fort Collins with some coworkers followed by a tour of the New Belgium brewery, which we had to book two months in advance! The tour is an hour and a half long and boasts plentiful samples, so we are all making sure to go in with full tummies.

Sunday bright and early, I'll be on my way to Winter Park for the first skiing of the season! Thinking back, I haven't skied since at least high school, so I am eager to hit the green trails with a friend who is just starting out on skis. We'll head back after a half day of skiing for our work event at the new office, full of wine and little snacks, to get acquainted with our new digs. Thankfully, the event ends at 6, so I'll just stay downtown to watch the Eagles take on the Giants at the Linc!

3.) I'm not going any where or doing any thing for Thanksgiving, but honestly, I think I'll need the rest. I've already got a list of all the things I want to do around my apartment with all the spare time (which includes (gasp) finally buying a vacuum). Cleaning my file cabinet and shredding credit card offers are also on my list. I live life on the edge!

2 comments:

  1. oh dang, am I jealous of the skiing. also I am see HP at midnight tonight and have no idea who i'm going to stay up that late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh HEY. are you ready to probably be friends in real life?

    ReplyDelete