Sunday, June 26, 2011

And now for something completely different

...For me, that includes being in Denver for a full three weeks before traveling again. It will be my biggest chunk of time spent at home until nearly October.

I had a wonderful time in Philly, including the excellent PR at the sweltering hot and muggy Worcester 5K. I dutifully resisted most options for soda and Herr's chips and aimed for fruit and water instead. At least as much as one person can possibly resist. For my flight to Miami, I even packed myself a bag of Cheerios to eat before the flight and even continued to eat them once I discovered they were original and not honey nut. My first day was a success.

And then, as is normal, my willpower went the way of all flesh. The park folks we are working with are a wonderful crowd and I am looking forward to seeing the Regional folks next month in KY and TN for another projects. But we ate dinner together after both meetings (which both went very, very well) and all partook (is that a word?) in celebratory beers. And fried bar food. Not to say there werent better choices on the menu, but I certainly didn't pick them.

And then there was the exercise. I left determined to at least get in my two planned runs. I ran one mile, one day late. It was too oppressively hot to run outdoors and the treadmill was hurting my shin something awful. Pathetic. I did, however, get a lovely half day of snorkeling in, so I'm counting that as my cross training. With all the travel I have coming up, I have to do better. There is no other option. Miami was better than DC but there is still a vast amount of room for improvement.

I have spent my weekend rehydrating, buying healthy groceries, spending way too much money, and getting back into my routine. I got my in scheduled 7 miles today. They were slow, but they were there. Thankfully I woke up at 8, was out the door by 8:40 and it was already in the mid-70s. It was in the 80s by the time I made it back and I thanked my lucky stars that S.F. in July will still be in the 60s.

My goal is to be back in the 140's by the time my birthday comes around. Only about a pound or two to drop, but for me, dropping any amount of weight seems to be a Herculean feat. Here's to seconding Alliy's summer goal: reduce!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for reducing! I feel like I've hit a wall, but know it's only been 1 week. Will keep trying hard this week and will re-assess on Saturday...

    ReplyDelete