Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Booty Bump!

Last night I tried out a new gym class with my officemate. She goes to "body jam" quite often and loves it, so I figured I would give it a try. I think it is safe to say that I did not miss my calling of being a professional back-up dancer.

The class had two 30 minute "routines" which you slowly learned the steps to, leading up to a final combination. The footwork seemed easy enough when we did each part slowly, but as soon as we had to do it to the beat, I was hopelessly lost. I ended up just kind of jumping up and down, moving my feet in the right general direction, while flailing my arms not unlike a chicken. But its ok, I had a blast! The second routine was hip hop and involved a lot of "booty bumps" which were fun and my abs are feeling it! It was a class full of 25 white girls dancing, well, like white girls.

I only burned about 300 calories in the hour but I'd definitely go back again! I love to dance, even though I know I am quite terrible at it. If nothing else, the class made me more appreciative of the fact that dance floors out in DC are usually shrouded in darkness!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should have a few drinks before you go next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete