Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bucket List

Once I got the go-ahead to relocate to the Denver office, I started thinking of all the touristy things I hadn't yet done in DC. I start accumulating my DC Bucket List, which I have been working on completing. The list started out as a modest amount of things to do, but after asking co-workers and Tommy, it ballooned into a monstrosity.

Some events were time sensitive and needed to get done right away. As such, the first item checked off of my list was ice skating at the sculpture garden. Beth and Marisa along with our photographer Paul, Marisa's boyfriend, went along on a Friday night and it was a blast! As soon as we stepped onto the ice, Paul asked us how long it had been since we'd been ice skating - after flailing about on the ice, we realized it had been quite a long time. Our skating adventure happened to coincide with the olympics, so we enjoyed pretending to do triple toe loops and speed skate like Apollo Ohno.

Only a few more items have been crossed of the list (doing a White House tour, going to a Nats/Phillies game, hiking at Sugarloaf Mountain, and trying out a few restaurants) but a lot more have been scheduled, planned, or tickets bought. With the prospect of now traveling for work for the next two weeks and multiple weekends already booked through June, I'm worried I might not get everything done and I'm ready to kick things into high gear once the icy death grip of my second to last semester releases me into the freedom of summer. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment