Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Update

As was expected, I forgot not one but three items for my weekend trip to Lancaster. Even after employing my mom's packing strategy of laying out each day's clothes in piles on my bed, I managed to forget the tee shirt I was planning on wearing on Saturday. Luckily I had thrown in an extra shirt 'just in case', so I didn't have to stroll around Intercourse, Bird-in-Hand, and Paradise in just a bra and cardigan. I also forgot my hairbrush (seems to be a common item I forget - makes sense because I don't often brush my hair) and my facewash.

Next week I'll be going on a week-long work trip down to Cape Hatteras for a tour of public meetings, then straight up to Worcester for a weekend wedding - I'm a bit concerned at how many outfits and events I need to account for in one suitcase.

Other than that, the weekend was great. It was so nice to visit Emily and Dave. At dinner Saturday night, we realized that I had probably only seen them once since their wedding in October 2006. I learned a little bit about Amish culture as well. Did you know that unmarried couples have a different buggy than married couples? The single folk cannot ride in an enclosed buggy. Those poor couples who begin dating in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment