Monday, April 12, 2010

Goals for 2010

Instead of doing a resolution this year, I created a list of mini goals I wanted to accomplish. Some are bigger than others, but I was pretty happy with my list.

Start a Roth IRA
Increase/Fix my 401K
Get a faster time at the Philly Tri
Take vitamins more regularly
Log every day in January
Floss twice a week
eat slower
Run a 5K in under 30 minutes
Grocery shop more regularly
Pay off FCU credit card
Keep a list of books read

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the Philly Tri this year, so that goal has fallen by the wayside. But as of last friday, I officially, for the first time ever, ran a 5k in under 30 minutes - 29:12, to be exact. I was so happy (and exhausted). I am not a runner. I run with my running buddy for hours, but without her, I would have never run more than 3 miles.

The credit card is about to be paid off and I logged every day in january (a food diary that my sister and I both keep. It tracks nutrition, of which I apparently get none. Hence the vitamins, which I also don't take as often as I should). Overall, my goals are coming along nicely. Its been really easy to track the books I've read thus far this year: 1. Full time grad school and full time work doesn't leave much time for reading.

No real purpose to this post beyond keeping myself accountable. A quarter way through the year, some goals are still harder than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment