Monday, January 16, 2012

Redesign

Over the last two weeks, you may have noticed the changes I've been making to this blog. First and foremost, I've actually been posting! Amazing what a normal work schedule will allow. I was then inspired to change my format once I designed my Dad's blog for him (seriously, have you read it yet?) I found out all the cool things blogger could do, so I futzed around a bit and created my new design.

I also had changed up my subheader. When I started this blog nearly two years ago (!!), I was documenting my big, scary, life changing move out west. Somehow, typing out my progress and decisions helped make the move to Denver somewhat less terrifying. Then the blog charted my progress into making friends, finishing up my grad degree and getting my AICP. Check, Check, and Check. So last week I changed the header to simply "Adventures in Denver"

But I was no longer Movin' on Up. I had moved. And was already up. 5,280 feet up, to be exact. It bothered me a little, that this blog no longer really had a focus or one defined topic or issue. It was basically just a way to keep friends and family in touch with all my goings-on in Colorado.

So today, as I was stalking my own Facebook profile to see how embarrassing my well out-dated "About Me" was, I remembered my favorite quote. I've blogged on in before, on one morning that just made me especially grateful for where I was in life. "Thank you, God, for this good life, and forgive us if we do not love it enough" - Garrison Keillor

Well, there can't be a much better theme than that. I try to be appreciative and grateful for everything that life has to offer, not just the big things or events. Its easy to get grumpy and lose sight of how fortunate we all are and this title will be a constant reminder to me to keep perspective. A family friend, Mrs. McClure, also inspires me to do daily - her Facebook statuses are always so full of joy and gratitude. On Saturday I read one aloud to my friends - it recapped her day, from a morning breakfast with friends, to hiding in the bushes with her camera (to capture birdies, not neighbors, of course), to the exciting end to the 49ers/Saints game. They always make me smile and remember to find joy in every day.

So thats the complete re-tool. Thanks, gratitude and trying to love life more than enough to make God proud.

1 comment:

  1. Um, I kind of love it, not in part due to the fact that it's pretty close to "i thank you, god, for most this amazing day." miss you. <3

    ReplyDelete