Thursday, January 12, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.) Tonight I'm going to see The Artist. I've never seen a silent film before and certainly not one in a theater. Its showing at the same theater I went to last weekend, which I was underwhelmed by. The parking was terrible and I have to take I-25 to get there, but I'm excited to be meeting up with the new movie-going group I joined and have someone to discuss it with after. (Seriously - has anyone else seen Tinker yet?? We need to talk).

2.) The National Western Stock Show is in town and I'm finally going this year. Last year I watched the opening parade as it went by my office building, but never made it to the actual event. I'll be attending the Pro-Rodeo Friday night, featuring the Pikes Peak Rangerettes! Whatever that means.

3.) Last night I tried my hand at turkey burgers from scratch. I didn't follow a recipe, which I tend not to do, and just threw some spices, an egg, and some bread crumbs into a bowl with the ground turkey. I think the burgers themselves were ok, but I topped it with a new "simply heinz" ketchup that has no high fructose corn syrup. It was pretty gross. Super sweet, kind of like the ketchup in Australia. I cooked up another burger to bring for lunch today, so I'll investigate and make sure it wasn't something in the burger. I'm a little bummed that ketchup was so nasty. I'm going to take the rest of the turkey, make up some meatballs, and make enough for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. I'm actually getting pretty good at the whole leftovers concept!

1 comment: