Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

My weekend was pretty awesome. After I left work on Friday, I ran into Orange Darth Vader, stumping for the Broncos/Tim Tebow. The city was full of excitement and were even pretty darn cheery after the Patriots manhandled them.

Then I went to the Pro-Rodeo at the National Western Stock Show. It was something else. And I learned that in order to make the bulls and broncos buck, they tie their balls down. I dare say I'd buck, too.


I went to bed early and was up with the sun (begrudgingly) Saturday morning. I skied at Keystone with a couple of friends and it was a beautiful day on the slopes. We couldn't figure out why it was so crowded, then remembered it was MLK weekend. I've been working on my form a lot this year and felt much more in control at higher speeds. While the snow was much better than in December, I still fell victim to an icy patch and ate it pretty hard on a black diamond. I'm not quite sure how I landed, but I slid about 40 feet, lost a ski, and woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a Mack Truck on Sunday am. But I kept skiing Saturday and felt pretty good.

Courtesy of my wonderful fall, my knee was all sorts of angry with me on Sunday, so I skipped my planned run and took a rest day instead. I iced, ibu'd and watched football and the Golden Globes and it was delightful.

It was a wonderful weekend and, once again, I was sad to have Sunday night sneak up on me so quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Did you lotion your feet before you put them in those socks??

    ReplyDelete