Thursday, January 26, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.) I'm trying to resist the urge to go skiing this weekend. This was supposed to be my "no ski" weekend full of sleep and house cleaning and running and swimming, but now a friend is going up to A-Basin on Saturday and I really wanna go. Given that I've had a crazy work week and will be done by noon on Friday, I may give into temptation.

2.) Today would have been a perfect day to ride to work, but I am scared to try clipped in shoes on Colfax, certain I'll tip over into a bus and die. Someday this weekend I am going to just ride around in circles in my back parking lot and practice clipping in and out on a moving bike. It was all well and good while I was on the trainer, but trying it while moving is filling me with dread.

3.) I'm really, really liking not drinking so much that I may carry it through until my half marathon. The no-beer idea goes all the way until then, but really, its just easier to not drink at all. Between not eating out and not drinking, I'm saving a ridiculous amount of money. Which is good, because buying a new bike and new car all within one year is also extremely terrifying to me.

1 comment:

  1. Now all you need is one of those fancy aerodynamic teardrop helmets to complete the look!

    ReplyDelete