Thursday, January 5, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.) No Excuses. That is the theme of the new season of Biggest Loser, which started Tuesday. I'm not an avid BL watcher (although I may be changing my tune - Hellooooo Dolvett!), but when I'm home and its on, I don't mind it. While I didn't care for them showing people throwing up in buckets during their first workout, I really liked the mantra of the season: No excuses. No, I'm too tired, or I'm never home, or I'm always on travel.

I'm putting this mantra into practice today. I'm sick again (or still. And yes, mom, I've been washing my hands) and all I want are my covers and jammies. But my training plan says three miles are my destiny. Do I want to work out? Heck no! But, no excuses. So instead of doing an internal workout like I had planned, I'm just going to crank up the incline on the treadmill and walk/run for three miles. It's not the best, but its something.

2.) Today I finally sucked it up and started writing a section for a project that I'd be majorly dreading/putting off. It was complicated and big and one giant headache and I had been avoiding it like the plague. After bumbling along, I finally got into a rhythm and really started plowing through it. It's 90% done and I'll come in with fresh eyes tomorrow and polish it off. I am no longer filled with dread and even started to feel better, knowing the weight was lifted. Amazing how much taking something off your plate can make you feel better!

3.) I rejoined MFD, the site my sister and I both use for calorie counting. I'm not a huge fan of calorie counting (as evidenced by my expanding waistline), but I have found it very informative in the past for tracking nutrition, namely protein and vitamins. It does, however, make me think twice before eating something I don't need and shouldn't be consuming, so I guess thats a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment