Monday, May 24, 2010

And so it begins...


As of Sunday, I have officially started packing. I started with the easy things. The myriad of books I had on the downstairs bookshelves. I filled two small boxes (as, after Beth's last move, we all learned a valuable 'don't pack all your books in one box' lesson) and called it a day.

Then I headed to the basement. I had been dreading this. Two years of throwing various items downstairs every time I had no better place to put them. My goal was to bring my things, some of which were stuck way in the back cubby, up in front of my roommates stuff so that I could grab them when the time comes. I was pleasantly surprised to realize I didn't have as much down there as I expected. I daresay it was minimal. Motivated, I headed up to my room and continued to clean out under my bed and packed up my sweaters, hoodies, and winter sheets into my giant suitcase.

Today I bought up some more moving boxes, including lots o wardrobe boxes. Packed up one more box and then sat on the couch, enjoying a glass of wine. I'm digging the fact that I can pack one box a day and feel accomplished.

In other news, I am inches from signing a lease in Denver. I found an incredible apartment. Washer/dryer, reserved parking, free cable - is there anything better?? I am so nervous this apartment will be leased before I get there, that I am considering signing, just on the pictures. Its a calculated risk, but I think it is worth it. Overall, I'm hoping the landlord will send me the lease and I can say "great - I'll bring it Saturday!"

Denver is getting real. I am equal parts excited and scared, but I am really looking forward to visiting this weekend. Stay tuned for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment