Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Murphy's Law

This week has been one of those where, going into it, you think you have your days planned out and everything will get done, but everything very quickly gets out of hand.

I have been managing a project that has been delayed due to a lack of response from the client. I literally haven't heard from them since March. For all I know, they could be dead. Originally, the schedule was perfect and I wouldn't be on the hook to do anything while I was road tripping out to Denver. Now it is so delayed that who knows what will need to be done while I am gone. I really don't want to leave my work for someone else.

Two other projects have snuck up out of nowhere, too, plus that last nagging little paper that needs to be completed before I can rejoice in true freedom. I like being busy at work, but this is overwhelming!

Since starting at Berger 5 years ago, I don't handle stress any better than I once did, but I have learned to get into a zen state about things. Everything will get done, it always does.

No insights or humor today. Just high spirits and a determination to make it to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment