Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Thank you God for this good life....

....and forgive us if we do not love it enough" - Garrison Keillor.

Its one of my favorite quotes and this morning I could not help but love life. While I was traveling for work, I had my bike in for annual tuning at REI. I hopped on it this morning and it rode beautifully. No cranky gears, no skipping chain. No noises that made me worry that the tires would fall off while I was cruising down M St.

And the morning could not have been more perfect. Mid 60s, cool but warm enough to be back into just my tank top and bike shorts. Low humidity, friendly bike trail riders. And I only hit one light on the way in. Without feeling like I was about to die, I biked into work in a personal record of 17 minutes. The timing has more to do with lights on M st than with my actual speed, but it still felt good.

Its mornings like this one that really get me in the right mindset to take on the day, and I appreciate and enjoy them as much as I can.

1 comment: