Monday, July 26, 2010

Denver Lessons Learned

1.) SPF 50 doesn't even make a dent if only applied once. I was out in the sun from about 11am - 3:00pm on saturday and am thoroughly crispy.

2.) The REI here is dangerous. and amazing. A mere 3.2 miles away via the Cherry Creek Trail, it has 8 floors, two climbing walls, and a walk-in cooler to test out any cold weather gear you are thinking about purchasing. I spent entirely too much money. The REI is located in an old train station and has maintained most of the original structure.

3.) I still can't bake cookies. The altitude doesn't help. My first attempt at oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for our company picnic were flatter than ever, sometimes even see through.

4.) Having only 20 channels, approximately 15 of which are in Spanish, I have taken to watching whatever marathon the Discovery Channel is playing on sundays. This week it was the Deadliest Catch. I cried, knowing Capt Phil is now dead.

5.) My lungs are still not adjusting. I biked 5.2 miles to the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival and there was only one uphill, but my lungs felt like they were on fire.

6.) The little movie theater near me in neat, but pretty pricey. I went to see The Kids are All Right on Sunday and it was 10 bucks for a matinee.

7.) When biking home from the grocery store, be sure to center the milk in the middle of your backpack, so as not to set yourself off balance. This becomes crucial when taking turns.

2 comments:

  1. spf - you are a mile closer to the sun, babe! take care of that skin. and i'm drooling about your REI - i'll come visit just for THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cooler to try out cold weather gear?? Here we call it "walking outside." But I jest, that's so cool! Literally!

    Shark Week starts on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete