Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Roadtrip Recap

States traveled: 11
License Plates spotted: 51 (including DC), 1 Panama, 3 Canadian
National Parks Visited: 1 (Carlsbad Caverns)
Miles driven surrounded by 'nothing': 764
Winds Turbines passed: 312
Sketchy hotels we possibly got diseases from: 1
Inappropriate questions from strangers: 2 ("How's your vagina?" - New Orleans, and "Can I share some of your smartwater?" - Denver)
Byrons sleeping in one king bed: 3
Items broken during moving: ZERO (Rudi WIN)
Pot smoking, incompetent movers: 3
Creative couch maneuvers: 1
Ramps: 1
Frantic/angry calls to trucking company: 13

Overall, it was a good time! I'll randomly post pictures from the trip as the summer continues, but the roadtrip itself was awesome. I'd never used either of the moving companies I'd hired ever again, but I've heard moving-related horror stories are pretty common. People in my office have asked me how long I plan to stay in Denver, and after that stressful move, I'm never moving long distance ever again!

1 comment:

  1. Suitcases Allison went through: 3

    How do you know how many wind turbines we passed?

    And can you send me that pic of my Yuengling that I took with your camera. I needs it!! :)

    ReplyDelete