Friday, July 23, 2010

Fun Facts Friday

Weight Loss Edition

1.) Yesterday I ran my first mile in Denver. The altitude certainly does make a difference, as I thought death was eminent.

2.) My heartrate tapped out at 189 during that mile, which I ran in approximately 10:30 min.

3.) My current weight: 146.0

4.) Weight as of June 11: 144.8

5.) Goal weight for labor day: 139.8

6.) I had originally wanted to do a fall tri out here, but after that run, I think it will have to wait until Spring

7.) This weekend will involve biking to REI (3 miles), then attempting to get to Sloan's Lake Park (an additional 2 miles) for this: http://www.cdbf.org/. I will then attempt the feat of figuring out how to get home. Low total mileage, but in uncharted territory.

8.) Lesson learned this morning: NEVER take a vitamin on an empty stomach. Ever. I almost threw up in the kitchen at work. Gross.

9.) People here pretty much drink beer daily. Its hard to make friends while attempting to also lose weight. I may have to start working out in the morning AND after work just to keep on track.

10.) These facts aren't very fun. I should have changed the name of this post, but I'm digging the use of themes.

11.) I might have just signed myself up for 8 days in the wilds of Colorado - no shower, no extra water, no hotel. Would involve camping roadside each night. I'm pretty stoked about it. Eight 10 hour work days, followed by four days off. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. 189 is insane. I got a new max HR running in the 89-degree weather at 7am: 180. yeah yeah! i'm in for daily beer drinking, as well. this week has been daily ice cream eating. oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I ran the other day my max was 201....

    ReplyDelete