Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Days 2 and 3

Double post day - look out!

I didn't post yesterday and today's was 2010-related - back to 2011!

Days #2 and 3

Yesterday I had plans after work, so I woke up early and dragged myself down to the gym in my building before work. My cough seems to be most active right when I wake up, so I only lasted 20 minutes on the elliptical, but it was enough to get my heartrate going. Since I still had plenty of time, I did my AM yoga DVD and heard my back crack approximately 17,345 times, but it felt good!

Today after work, I seriously contemplated just taking the bus home and running in the gym in my building, but I knew I would never actually do it. I eased into my workout and started out by lifting. My arm muscles have gotten significantly weaker since early December! I hope I can lift my arms to wash my hair tomorrow/put on clothing. I hopped on the treadmill after and tried another attempt at Katie's patented run/walk workout (after my failed attempt on Monday, I just wanted to get in more than one mile). I was delighted that my lungs held out and I made it for three miles/35 minutes! Slow? Absolutely. But I was increasing my speed with each run, from 5.5 to eventually 6.3 and kept the walk 2/run 3 pattern the whole time. I would have probably aimed for 4 miles, but my bus only comes every 30 minutes and the one I wanted to catch was only 10 minutes away.

Overall, I'm glad I dragged myself to the gym. I always am. Its that mental piece of overcoming the "I just want sweatpants and my couch" hurdle that I need to work on, because thats definitely a weak area. Sometimes I just think how far Katie has come this past year and her complete transformation to being incredibly happy and healthy and thats all the motivation I need! As Thom once told me, "Just another way Katie is changing the world." One person at a time :)

2 comments:

  1. xoxox! i would hug you if you liked to be touched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya! Gosh sometimes the ONLY THING that gets me working out is remembering that you never regret exercise. You only regret NOT exercising. Ugh.

    I got dressed after work for a run in Boston's pitch darkness (at 5 PM, awesome). I really really debated going back inside, grabbing my bag, and going home. But instead I ran 7 miles and then got stuck on a disabled train trying to get home around 7:30. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete