Monday, January 24, 2011

mmmmm meat.

After a completely unproductive Saturday (every time I stopped moving, I fell asleep), I got all gussied up and met my boss and her group of friends out at Fogo de Chao. So.Much.Meat.

It was my first time at Fogo. I had been to a brazilian steakhouse before, in Mexico of all places, but the meat-serving pace there was much slower. As soon as I flipped my little "i want meat" medallion from red (hold the meat) to green (mas meat, por favor - and yes, I know they speak Portuguese, but spanish is as close as I can get) - it was nonstop meat!

They come around with various cuts of meat on a steak and cut you off pieces cooked to your liking. My favorite was some kind of super garlicky steak, but there wasn't much I passed on. My Scottish genetics had me wanting more meat than could feasibly fit in my stomach, and I enjoyed every last bite.

I went with mostly couples, who each split a bottle of wine between them. Again, being too cheap (ok, ok, mom - 'frugal') to buy by the glass, I got a half bottle, which I deemed 'the single girl special'. I was delighted when it came in an actual tiny wine bottle instead of a decanter. Had I not brought a nice new purse, I definitely would have tried to take it home with me - it was so cute!

We all tried to go out and play pool afterwards, but it was evident that we all just wanted to go back to our respective homes and put on sweatpants. Which I promptly did.

I woke up Sunday morning and went for my first scheduled run/walk. I pushed the running pace for the first and third miles, but the second mile - which is mostly uphill - I felt a little like death. I don't recommend running with that much meat still in your system. It hurts.

Overall it was a good weekend, complete with a Green Bay win and a Jets loss.

1 comment: