Friday, January 7, 2011

Days 4 and 5

Ok illness, you win. Tomorrow I will go see a doctor. Left work early today for the comforts of my bed, feeling the worst that I have felt since I picked up this dreaded disease in mid-December.
So day 5 was a wash. BUT I'm super sore from Day 3's lifting and my Day 4 workout, but thanks to my inability to read a bus schedule, I at least walked home from work. After waiting ten minutes for the bus I don't normally take home, I watched it pull up diagonally across the street from where I was standing. I signed and headed up the hill for home. A fitting end to my day.

Yesterday I checked out another group class at my new gym. There is a drastic difference between east coast gym classes and Denver gym classes. For my classes at Gold's, I had to get there 10-15 minutes in advance to get in line or snag a spin bike. Here, I am purposely getting there just before the class starts so I'm not the anal retentive east-coaster and I still have to check to make sure I'm in the right room/if the class has been cancelled. The instructor sauntered in a few minutes after 5:30 and only one other person was in the class: Boxing 101. Apparently the other Colorado Athletic Center downtown, the Tabor Center, is all new and even more fancypants and people have been switching to that gym. Personally, all of those people can gladly switch over and leave me to my smaller class sizes and open treadmills. I don't need to see and be seen at the gym. In fact, I'd prefer not to be talked to or looked at at all while working out (I'm pretty sure I make funny faces).

Anyhow, the two of us went about our boxing class. While doing jab/punch/uppercut combos across the gym floor, the instructor asked me my name and told me I had very good punches and that he was impressed! Look out anyone in Denver that pisses me off, I've apparently got fists of fury!

I am very sore from the week of getting back on track, but a good sore. I think I'll start out with some more morning yoga tomorrow before heading off to urgent care (I know, I know, mom - I should have signed up with a GP before I got sick and needed to be seen). I'm hoping they will just give me a z-pack and send me on my way. Next week is full of fun things and I want to be healthy!

The rest of this weekend will include more cuddle time with my humidifier, movies (Easy A is coming tomorrow!) and the eagles game. Sunday evening I am slated to go with my boss and her husband to "Sipping and Painting" in the Highlands section of Denver. You get a glass of wine and a paintbrush and there is a scheduled painting for the evening. I'm hoping its a paint by numbers kind of deal, but if nothing else, at least its free! I inherited both my math and artistic skills from my mother and those skills are poor to nonexistent but at least I'll provide entertainment for the rest of the class.

Overall, down 1.4 lbs since Monday, but I'm guessing that mostly just detox from December.

No comments:

Post a Comment