Sunday, January 9, 2011

Days 6 and 7

The majority of Day 6 involved laying horizontal in my bed. Thankfully seeing the doctor was pretty easy and she sent me on my way with two prescriptions. I'm now on a cough suppressant, amoxicillin, mucinex, and sudafed on a twelve hour rotation.

Around the beginning of the Colts game, I went down to the gym in my building to walk on the treadmill. I only walked a mile before my lungs protested and I headed back upstairs. That was the excitement of my day.

This morning I woke up to the first solid snowfall I've seen in Denver. We're slated to get 5-10 inches and it looks like it is well on its way. Tonight's low is -10, followed by a high of 14 tomorrow. Winter has finally arrived. Mornings like this require pancakes and coffee, which I am planning on making as soon as my meds kick in again. I might even get crazy and put in my contacts and watch the Iggles game on the couch instead of my bed (lofty aspirations).

2 comments:

  1. I think you left your cold here. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you...Mucinex is AWESOME. Except it gives me insomnia. So then I can breathe and function on a basic level, but then I am delusional thanks to no sleep.

    Anyway! About traveling and keeping "good" with food choices... it's helped that I've taken a vow of NO BAKED GOODS (meaning, desserts, not like... bread for a sandwich) for January. It's helping me curb my sugar addiction. Maybe that'll help when I'm back in DC this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete