Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

First off, I would like to say that Allison stole my idea :)

Secondly - since being liberated from the death grip of grad school, I have really enjoyed trying to see all of the Oscar nominated films for this year. Without further ado, my predictions:

Best Actor: Colin Firth (The King's Speech)
Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale (The Fighter), but kudos to John Hawkes (Winter's Bone), who would have won if he wasn't up against the formidable Bale. Missing in action: Aaron Eckhart (Rabbit Hole). He def should have received the nod over Mark Ruffalo.

Best Actress: Natalie Portman (Black Swan). If anyone other than Portman wins this, I'm turning my TV off.
Best Supporting Actress: Tough, but I think I'm going with Melissa Leo (The Fighter) although, to be fair, I didn't see the fifth movie in this category (Animal Kingdom)

Best Animated Film: Toy Story 3.
Costume Design: Alice in Wonderland
Best Director: Darren Aronofsky - Black Swan (although this category could really go to anyone, and I dont know enough about the technical pieces to give even an educated guess)
Best Picture: The King's Speech. This is a tough one - I could see it going to any of the 10 with the exception of Inception, The Kids are All Right, or Toy Story 3.

I didn't predict all of the categories, mostly because a lot of them would just be a stab in the dark. But I'm very eager to watch tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment