Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm a big ol' copycat

Allison's blog today talks about how she is giving up alcohol until St. Patty's Day. I think I am joining up for that challenge. I checked my calendar first, to make sure there were no major events between now and then, and all I've got thus far are one or two Restaurant Week dinners planned, which will just save me the $7 bucks for a glass of wine anyhow.

I'd been on a three-week bender of food and alcohol, neglecting to go to the gym. Last week I finally got my act together (and my muscles hurt most of the weekend because of it), but my eating still could be improved.

So MY goals for the little less than a month:
Finish each week of Katie's running plan
No (or minimal) alcohol
Log, log, log
My Oscars 'to see' list: The Fighter, Blue Valentine, Winter's Bone, The Town

My original post for today was going to talk about how yesterday I finally took my TV out of my room, with the help of Marisa. I had mentioned that the one thing I was really going to miss was watching the Today Show, which I listened to this morning after turning my living room TV on (of course, since it was a holiday, Jenna Wolfe was on instead - I take a serious disliking to her). But other than that, I think I could get accustomed to the new set up. We shall see. If nothing else, it can always be moved back. After buying a new chair this weekend, Marisa and I also rearranged my entire living room and I'm so in love with the new set up. Sometimes its the small, simple things in life that really just make me smile. Walking into my apartment and seeing my new set up is currently one of them!

What simple things make you smile?

2 comments:

  1. Beer on a snowy Monday off from school with a cute boy. I think I'll have to go with "minimal" beer until St. Pat's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, giving up alcohol, scary times lay ahead...

    ReplyDelete