Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This morning I finally did it. I finally got up, biked to the gym, and got in my workout before work.

When I was initially considering this gym membership, I wavered back and forth over the price. My gym is a whopping $76 a month, which makes my heart stop a bit each time I say it. Thankfully, with Berger's new healthcare plan, I'll get $30 reimbursement each month, which makes it more reasonable. I figured it was worth it to forgo cable and internet in order to join the gym that is literally within half a block of my office.

So this morning, I was completely happy with my decision to join. They provide towels, toiletries, hairdryers, curling irons and straighteners, so I only had to bring minimal stuffs. After hitting snooze twice (calculating in my head how long I could snooze for and still make it to work on time), I hauled out of bed and got ready. Last night I had actually packed my bag and laid out my clothes so that I didn't have to think/wouldn't forget some vital article of clothing. I hopped on my bike and was at the gym in under ten minutes.

I went through my arms and back lifting routine (unlike Katie's, mine only takes 15 minutes, and I'm still incredibly sore after!) and then hopped on the treadmill for my two mile workout. It was a rough two miles. I got a bad side stitch and my legs were cranky, even though I had foam rolled yesterday. My body is protesting my rapid switch from "couch and pizza" back to "gym and apples". I eased up the pace for the second mile, but it was still a rough mile. I finished both miles at about an 11 minute pace, walking included, so I'm ok with that.

With Marisa coming into town this weekend, I'm completing my 'long' run this week on Friday morning. I'm praying for good weather so I can run it outside on my 3.1 loop around Cheeseman Park. Yoga might also have to join my workout plans - my legs are a hurtin'!

1 comment:

  1. you'll be please to know that i was in the W-L pool at 6am today. i miss you, and the both times we actually made it to morning swim.

    keep killing it at the gym!

    ReplyDelete