Friday, May 13, 2011

AICP Burnout

Apparently Blogger didn't care for my Three Things Thursday (or anyone else's Thursday blog) and unceremoniously deleted it. Oh well.

This morning I woke up bright and early for a bike ride. It was supposed to be longer but ended up only being 8 miles, which was fine by me. My legs warmed up just enough to get rid of some the soreness from running. I had intentions of going to yoga today at lunch, but a rescheduled conference call put the stop to that.

I was originally going camping tonight with a short hike tomorrow, but my pending AICP test has me completely stressed and I bailed on camping in favor of studying. I'll still go on a short hike tomorrow am to free my brain from constant case law, zoning ordinance, and whatever the heck a plat is. Oh and the location of the Hoover dam (on the border of Arizona and Nevada, in case you were wondering. What that has to do with planning, I have no idea).

Once this test is in my rearview, I'll be a much happier person. I have a constant feeling of dread over taking it, but I've only got a week left. I can survive a week.

Even more excitingly, in two weeks I'll be arriving in MN for Memorial Day camping! I haven't seen Al since Christmas and haven't been out to visit her in almost two years, so it should be a good time. I plan on relaxing, with no cares in the world. In the immortal words of Matt Stewart "If the test goes well, you should consider drinking. If the test goes poorly, you should consider drinking." A cold beer and a campfire sound like just the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment