Monday, May 23, 2011

Week Two Training Wrap-up

I'm officially in the full swing of training and really digging it. I like having a schedule to tell me what I should be doing and when. There have been a few nights where I haven't done my run yet and have hauled down to the treadmill in my building when I otherwise would have just continued to sit on the couch.

My training plan calls for runs on Tues/Thurs/Sun with cross training on Weds/Sat, stretching on Mondays and lifting on Mon/Thurs. The lifting part will finally get on track - the past two weeks I have still had my trainer on Tuesdays and AICP studying on Thursdays. I've also been going to yoga at lunch on Mon/Wed/Fri and I've really been digging it. Even though I've only been going for less than two weeks, I can already see my flexibility improving from nil to "hey I can almost reach my toes" which is a vast improvement.

Last week looked a little something like this:
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: Lift, 3 mile run (32:54)
Wednesday: Yoga (no cardio due to impending AICP test)
Thursday: Climb (I missed my scheduled run, the first I've skipped, in favor of climbing)
Friday: Yoga
Saturday: 25 mile bike ride
Sunday: 4 mile run (46:00)

My running is coming back, albeit slowly. I'm running slow, even for me, but I'll get there. This week was light on the cardio due to the AICP stress, but I plan on coming back full swing this week. I did go to REI on Saturday and spent copious amounts of money, but am happy with all of my purchases. I finally got a new computer for my bike and then promptly took it out for a 25 mile spin, which my body didn't quite care for. I tried to push the pace which was fine on the way towards the Cherry Creek Reservoir but faced some pretty heavy headwinds on the way back combined with tired legs.

Sun, Sand, Water, and Mountains - What more do you need?!

I've already planned out how to get in my workouts while I'm in Hudson, WI next week. Friday Alliy and I will be going to the gym (I'm still trying to coerce her into going to yoga with me) and then Saturday is miscellaneous hiking and canoeing. Sunday I've plotted out my 5 mile run around the campground, hopeful that I will see some improvement when running at lower elevations.

No comments:

Post a Comment