Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Special Delivery

Yesterday I arrived back at my apartment and was surprised when my Super told me I had package, and a big one at that. Perplexed, I read the return address to discover I had a special delivery all the way from the Herr's Potato Chip factory in PA! I got excited.

After struggling into the elevator with my bike and said package, I eagerly opened in on my living room floor.

Beep Beep!

I'm not gonna lie - I think I was just as excited that my present came in a Herr's truck as I was for the present itself. I'm definitely keeping the box. I could see the tell-tale green shimmer through the top of the box and knew what awaited me:

Chippies!!!

And not just any old chippie, Sour Cream and Onion chippies, a standard in the Byron household. Dad had bought two bags the last time Al and I were home and I think, as a family, we blew through them in under a few days. Mom and Dad don't usually buy them when we aren't home, so its a treat for all of us when we do get them. Of course, Herr's doesn't supply grocery stores in either MN or CO, so having these to bring for lunches will be a special treat for the summer. I've already told my pod-mates that I will bring some into work for them, but I'm not quite sure they grasp what a treat they are in for.

1 comment:

  1. A few days? Try a few hours...

    Yes, the few people that are privileged enough to get a little green baggie from me are never disappointed.

    LOVE the box!!

    ReplyDelete