Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All packed up and nowhere to go

For the past month, I've been slowly packing up my life. Last night, I think I finally hit the last box or two. Now, everything is so packed up that Lauren and I can't even boil water to make pasta anymore. Thank goodness I'm leaving my plates and bowls behind, or we'd be reduced to eating dry cereal straight out of the box.

Tomorrow Alliy Al flies in to DC after leaving St Paul at an ungodly hour (catching the bus at 4:13 am - ouch!). Instead of metroing straight to my house, we are contemplating having her metro to my office (only the Blue line, no transfers!) and then walking up through Georgetown. She's been to visit me once before, but it was only for a night in order to catch a ride up to Philly for christmas. She hasn't been to DC since our cousin got married back in 2002! Anyhow, since our first stop on the traveling roadshow is to visit our Aunt in Myrtle Beach, I thought it would be nice to bring her some Virginia wine and a half dozen Georgetown cupcakes - Nom!!

After that, its a relaxing evening of ordering my favorite white pizza and watch whatever movies lauren owns, since mine are safely boxed up and ready to traverse the country. I've got 3 sturdy man-friends helping me load up the truck on Thursday morning - thankfully the weather is predicting cooler weather and low humidity! After that, its just cleaning my room for the new roommate and sitting on the floor, waiting for NMac to arrive via train/metro. Then we will all sit around on the floor (since I own almost all of our furniture) and stare at each other (or maybe watch the TV, which will also be on the floor) until the DC rush hour dies down and we can make our escape to Chester, VA.

I can't believe this all kicks off tomorrow. It feels like I've been saying "I'm moving to Denver" for a solid 6 months, and now its finally happening and I actually have to move to Denver. Crazy!

Peace out DC, its been a great 8 years.

1 comment:

  1. what time does she get in? i'll be taking the blue line from P city to farragut north around 11.

    i'm still on for pizza night (if the invite is still thrown out there!)

    ReplyDelete