Monday, June 7, 2010

T-Minus 24 days

This weekend I got a chance to go to one of my favorite places: Home Depot. I learned a valuable lesson - Home Depot is not as much fun when you have to buy items you will then have to tediously use at home (ie, white paint and spackle for my room). It is much more fun to buy new and exciting things to use than it is to buy things in preparation for a move. It is hard to muster motivation to paint a room back to white, especially when all of my belongings are still there.

I did, however, get to buy some fun things for the apartment in Denver (ok, I think they are fun - I realize most normal people wouldn't). After reusing nails and drywall screws over and over each time I have moved since college, I sprung a new pack of anchors, nails, and picture hangers. While not as fun, I also bought a giant roll of furniture saran wrap for the stress-inducing couches and bubble wrap for the furniture edges.

In other moving news, with an apartment nailed down, I was able to provide a final address to my moving company and reserve my move date within my new building. The building is actually a condominium, so they have some fairly strict HOA rules I need to be sure to follow. The Byron ladies may need to cut short our day in Colorado Springs in order to make it to Denver in time, but there is still some room to play around with towards the end of the road trip. Almost all of the hotels have been reserved and we'll be arriving in Pensacola in time to see those famous white sandy beaches covered in BP oil. It will certainly be a unique experience to witness the environmental destruction first-hand.

Mom and Al have also booked their necessary flights and we've even come up with some fun Denver activities. Two days after we arrive is my birthday, so we are going to do a 3 brewery walking tour in LoDo (that's Lower Downtown) followed by a birthday dinner of sorts. Thursday is still up in the air, but we might all be so tired all we'll want to do is sleep!

So with 24 days left until my last day in DC, I'm trying to pack in as many activities as possible while also trying to pack as much and as early as I physically can. My parents will be coming into town this weekend, so I'll be knocking a few more items off of the bucket list!

(preview to next blog: sunrise at the Lincoln Memorial - accomplished)

1 comment:

  1. you're so funny. springing for new picture hangers! go nuts!!!! :)

    i didn't know you were going through pensacola - that's where I would fly into when visiting the in-laws. it's gorgeous. I hope the oil stays away.

    ReplyDelete