Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fare Thee Well, Dear Friend

I have officially given up alcohol...for at least a week. What started as a goal to not drink during the week morphed into a challenge of willpower to survive a whole weekend (and one during football season, to boot) without beer or wine. Last night was trivia night, so it was my first attempt at abstaining.

Happily, I was surprised by how easy it was! About an hour in, Kyle realized I wasn't drinking and tried to get me to order a beer, but it really wasn't hard at all to say no! And instead of beer, I had two or three waters, so I went home fully hydrated. I am planning on laying low on Friday night, but will miss my normal glass or two of red while watching a netflix (which I have been sorely neglecting in recent weeks). Saturday will be spent out with my coworker Dara, but she knows I'm aiming to not drink and will be a good support system, I think. Sunday is a surprise party for another coworker, so we'll voyage down to Littleton where his wife has promised "designer" mimosas. I don't know exactly what that means, but I'm pretty sure they will be hard to resist! But with the Eagles on TV for the Sunday night game, I should be able to make it through the weekend unscathed.

I was toying with the idea of giving up alcohol completely until the night of the rehearsal dinner back in DC, but a wine night has been scheduled with my boss and her group of friends for the 14th, and its kind of hard to attend a wine tasting outing without actually having some wine. These events are a ton of fun, usually scheduled for when a restaurant has a half price bottle night, so I get to try a myriad of different wines that I would never get to experience otherwise.

So, faithful blog readers, hold me accountable!

1 comment:

  1. remember when i gave up drinking while training for that half? I went w/out for almost 8 weeks. you TOTALLY got this.

    we won't mention the getting injured/life falling apart/drunken karaoke police disaster. nope. no one is mentioning THAT.

    ReplyDelete