Thursday, October 28, 2010

Murtaugh

My favorite episode of How I Met Your Mother is called "The Murtaugh List", named after Danny Glover's character, Roger Murtaugh, of Lethal Weapon fame. In this episode, Ted recounts all of the things he's too old to do (a la "I'm too old for this sh*t").

I think I can add rotating around from couch to couch/inflatable bed to my Murtaugh List.

Each day, I'm waking up with more and more aches and pains (not helped by the fact I also lifted on Tuesday, taking my shoulders out of commission for three days - who's bright idea was THAT). I am so transient, that I've started leaving my huge suitcase at work each night and only bringing what I need to survive overnight until I return to work again. My hands are blistered from pulling the suitcase and I'm in serious need of a back massage.

Even worse, I woke up this morning and realized I was searching for Cholly, thinking she had just fallen off the side of the bed. It was when I realized I had left her in Denver. My mom once asked if I brought Cholly on work travel with me. I said no, as I was too afraid airport security would want to search the luggage of a 26-year old that traveled with a rattle doll and that it would be super awkward to explain to co-workers why I was hauled in for a full pat-down.

But today is my last day in the DC office. In what can only be termed as my best decision ever in life, I have taken Friday off to spend in Baltimore at Lauren's. I have already warned her that I don't plan on vacating my pajamas for the entire day, probably while watching How I Met Your Mother. I can't wait!

1 comment: