Monday, October 25, 2010

The right decision

After being back in DC for five days now, I can definitely say that moving to Denver was the right decision. It hasn't been easy, but I don't regret it.

A day or two after landing, my sister asked how it felt to be back. It feels good. It feels familiar. But I really notice how unfriendly the east coast is. People don't smile and are pretty much in a hurry all the time. I already miss the pace of Denver.

But other than missing Denver (and my bed), I am enjoying my time in DC! The wedding in Leesburg this weekend was a blast, if not tiring, as all weddings are. I had planned on running Saturday afternoon, but time was limited. I had a great workout Thursday after work, but have been a beer-filled sloth ever since. My pants, which were loose in Denver, are now quite snug and my legs are begging for the treadmill (or possibly a run through Georgetown if it doesn't rain). While I was used to drinking upwards to 5 nalgene bottles of water each day in Denver, I have only had two in five days. And I apparently didn't need to pack the 17 moisturizers that I need out west, as the east coast humidity has my skin begging for dryness again.

I've had a wonderful time catching up with my friends and I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Katie tomorrow, after my practicum presentation is over and done with. After tonight, I resume my nomadic life, rotating sleeping locations until I end up in Baltimore at Lauren's. We both took Friday off and I cannot wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment