Monday, October 11, 2010

Five Miles.

For the first time probably since last winter, I ran five miles. I was planning on walking a bit each mile, but never really felt the need to. I went on www.usatf.org to map my run before leaving the house, and added on two miles to the end of my normal 3 mile Sunday run.

After I pushed through the aches and pains of the first two miles (where I normally would have stopped, pre-Katie), and by the 3rd mile, I was still feeling strong. I stopped for a minute or two to stretch my calves, and kept on going.

And, with the help of my ipod playing "Uprising" by Muse for the last mile, I finished strong and felt like I probably could have gone a little farther. I toyed with the idea of running a 6th mile, but will save that for next week instead.

Overall, I had a great weekend of workouts (including a spin class saturday AM with a SUPER hot instructor - talk about motivation to go back!), and stuck to my goal of no alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment