Friday, October 1, 2010

Reality Check Update

Since seeing pictures from Labor Day and this oh-so-flattering shot, I have been far more dedicated to getting back into shape. While my food choices haven't necessarily been the best, I've been faithfully logging them into MFD, the online food diary my sister and I both subscribe to. Even the one very bad Friday when, after an absolutely horrible day, I skipped the gym, went home, ordered pizza hut with some wine, then had 4 delicious Denver brews with some friends. When I logged all of that, MFD pretty much just shook its head at me in shame and disgust.

But with addition of Ronnie and Sunday morning long runs, I have been making some headway. So here's a look back:

Sept 10th:
Weight: 148.2
Body Fat %: 1000 (approximate)
Pant size: 8/10 (I'm in an 8 today, but its not pretty)
Avg Mile pace: 10:30 (5.5 mph)

Oct 1st:
Weight: 145.8
Body Fat: Ronnie officially measured. And I'm keeping that number to myself.
Pant size: 8/10 (10s today, what can I say? This booty requires a lot of fabric)
Avg Mile Pace: Not getting much faster, but I'm running around 4.5 miles on my long runs.

Not the most dramatic drop in history, but I'll take it. I no longer feel like a sausage in my work clothes and I am starting to see muscle definition back in my legs. Ronnie is kicking my butt on a regular basis. I wanted to vomit again yesterday. We were doing cardio workouts in between lifting sets. I still find it somewhat pathetic that I can run 4 miles yet can barely eek out 15 burpies.

So my next self-imposed goal is to start taming my weekends. I eat and drink well more than I should and a few minor alterations could really make a difference. I am also trying my hardest to avoid drinking on weeknights (I'm looking at you, delicious glasses of red wine...). So with adding in those changes and continuing to train with my boy Ronnie, I'm aiming to kick October's butt all the way back to the lower 140s!

No comments:

Post a Comment