Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Funday

Compliments of the terrible Eagles game (and obnoxious Redskins fans), I left the bar early and watched the second half from the comfort of my couch. On Saturday and Sunday, I did fairly well on accomplishing my goal of drinking less. Three beers at a party on Saturday night, two on Sunday. Not bad, but could be better.

Its funny that no matter where you are, terrible Redskins fans seem to follow. These fans were so bad that once Vick was injured and removed from the game, they yelled "Now lets fix Kolb, too!" at the screen. I don't care what team you root for, hoping for injuries is just in poor taste. After listening to them hoot and holler for the first half, I headed for home, thankful that the game was on TV.

But other than that, my weekend went quite well. I didn't exercise, though, which needs improvement. I am gaining friends in Denver and am able to fill my weekends with various social events.

My Sunday took a turn for the worse, however, after receiving an email from my grad school adviser that my practicum project (the capstone to my graduate degree), is not what she expected and I would be unable to present as planned on October 26th. While I definitely broke down after reading that, I'm coming at the situation with a bit more perspective and I'm glad I waited until this morning to email her back. I proposed another way to complete the practicum and, although my weekends may now be spent back here sitting at my desk at work, furiously writing, I requested to still be able to present in October. Hopefully she will agree and I can continue on as planned, but it was definitely upsetting. As my dad says, some days are better than others.

I am very ready to be done with grad school, but all I can do is move forward each day, which is one more day closer to December.

Another date with my main man Ronnie tonight - eager to fuel this workout with the grad school frustrations!

2 comments:

  1. this is what made me mad. a lot of people were all "oh, vick is ok, he's paid his dues." but then when he got hurt, they were all "that's what you get." i don't like him, i don't have to like him, but he's paid his debt. he did bad things and paid the price, and i can be over it. but all these assholes who are going nuts about "karma" piss me off. you tripped a kid in second grade, should i be happy and yell karma and call you an asshole when you fall down the steps at age 30? no. so leave him the hell alone.
    ......is how i spent my sunday. sad faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuck, mean people make me mad. they need to move on and not be so distasteful!

    one day at a time with school, you're almost done!!

    ReplyDelete