Monday, September 27, 2010

Pats

This weekend I finally checked out Pats, the local Eagles bar in LoDo. I must say, it was pretty awesome. Not only do they import Amaroso rolls and tastykakes, but they turn nearly every TV to the eagles game and don't try to pander to other fans. One TV was playing the Phillies game while another was tuned to the Skins game so we could delight in their loss.

After each touchdown, they play the eagles fight song, after we've all finished high fiving and celebrating. But probably the best part was during each commercial break, a DJ would come on and play awesome songs (some originating from Philly, like Will Smith and Boyz to Men) until the game came back. It was pretty awesome.

My two fellow eagles fans were from Upper Dublin and West Chester and by the end of the game, I was swelling with Philly pride. After getting so much constant flack over my Philly roots, it was awesome to be surrounded by so many jovial Philly lovers, yelling at bad calls and praising DJack.

3 comments:

  1. "I must say, it was pretty awesome" = you dancing on the bar & drunk texting. Glad we got that straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem, I was dancing while seated in my booth, distinct difference! And I don't see why professing that I miss you and love you should automatically be assumed to be a drunk text. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if she was texting ME that, then it would = drunk text ;)

    ReplyDelete